Work and other stuff
I’m trying to contribute to OSS every day, projects I contributed in a way so far:
- tranquility - a lightweight dependency/bloat-free alternative to serenity-rest-assured and serenity-core
- Raid Software Testing - my work methodology for software testers in “monster” projects (read more here).
- @yegor256’s Tacit a CSS framework (I’m heavily involved with this one, feel free to submit an Issue/PR).
- awesome-game-essays - Thoughtful and noteworthy links to awesome videogame “essay” kind of content.
- Gamers and Testers - TBA project
- Moneeee - joke app to tell you how much you’re making during a boring meeting (filfreire.com/Moneeee).
- hercule - a (somewhat aggressive) boilerplate starter project for a selenium based UI test framework.
- tranquility-bdd - a lightweight dependency/bloat-free alternative to serenity-rest-assured and serenity-core
- CommentCop - console app created for operations with Github comments.
- dunkirk - Export all your Apple iCloud Notes on macOS to text files.
- moving-from-pt - my notes and tips on moving away from Portugal.
- theOPOmarket - An opinionated down-to-earth take on Engineering “Job” Market of Porto, Portugal.
- anagram - Two string checker for anagrams (with strict static analysis).
- slack-conflict - A role-playing game for EvilCorp’s Paid Hostageware/Ransomware communication tool.
- @yegor256’s Rultor a DevOps assistant.
- Contributed translations for OpenTomb an open-source Tomb Raider 1-5 engine remake.
- Some minor contributions to ERDDAP data server for oceanographic data.
- Sometimes I study profanity detection and exploits, especially when testing software in which the user can embellish/personalize products, here will find a draft with some of my personal study notes on it.
- TBA 2019
You can view the slides for most of my talks over at speakerdeck (@filipe).
- Finding Tranquility - co-presented with Jorge Martínez at Adidas Tech Summit, 27 June 2019 (slides)
- Deep testing - Adidas Tech Summit, 27 June 2019 (slides)
- Quality Foundations - Adidas Testing Days in Zaragoza, 6 February 2019 (slides) (video)
- Open-source Quality Mindset - internal session at Adidas Engineering days, 24 October 2018
- Tacit CSS Framework - internal session at Adidas Community of Practice, 4 October 2018 (slides)
- “Quality from the start” - Helloworld Conf (15 February 2018) (slides) (video)
- Elegant Objects and Cactoos - Porto Codes (21 December 2017) (slides) (video)
- Hands-on with Tacit - lightning talk at Porto Codes October (19 October 2017) (video) (slides)
- “Waiting is boring” at Pixels Camp (28-30 September 2017)(slides)
- “You’re more than your tools” (Video in Portuguese) - co-presented with André Costa, at Porto Testers Meetup #2.1 (14 September 2017)
- You don’t need a DevOps to “be DevOps” at DevOps Porto #7 - 3 August 2017 (slides)
- “An automated approach to test multiple microservices” at Porto Testers Meetup #6 - 9 May 2017
- “Hiptest Overview” at Test our Coffee event - 11 October 2016
- “Ideas for a more dynamic test framework” internal session at Jumia Services - 2016
- Usual setup/onboard list can be found here.
- I was a reviewer for Yegor Bugayenko’s Software Quality Award 2017 and 2018 editions.
- I was a reviewer of Yegor Bugayenko’s Code Ahead and Jonathan Wexler’s Get Programming With NodeJS.
- I was an active member of the organizers of Porto Testers Meetup during 2017-2018.
- I was one of the main organizers of Porto Testers Meetup Conf (PTMConf) 2018 edition.
- I stopped using
ohmyzsh, you can read more about it here.
- There’s recurring joke of me doing consulting.